White Township’s governing boards have begun the new year with setting the organizational structure for 2023.
The board of supervisors elected Gail McCauley to serve as chairwoman for 2023 and re-elected Rich Gallo as vice chairman. The board also includes Gene Gemmell, Sandi Gillette and George Lenz.
The supervisors reappointed Township Manager Chris Anderson, Secretary/Treasurer Donna Hill, Engineer Dan Jageman, Sewage Enforcement Officer Bob Ream and the law firm of Delaney & Fritz, represented by Solicitor Ryan Fritz, to their positions.
The board met in compliance with terms of the Pennsylvania Second Class Township Code. Annual reorganization meetings usually are held the first Monday of January; the session this year was held Tuesday because Monday was designated as a holiday.
The supervisors agreed to continue to hold regular public business meetings at 1 p.m. on the second Wednesday and 7 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month, except for 1 p.m. Nov. 15, 1 p.m. Dec. 6 and 7 p.m. Dec. 20, 2023.
The board also named Bill Smith as the chairman of the vacancy board, established a bond of $750,000 for the township secretary and selected S&T Bank, First Commonwealth Bank and Pennsylvania Local Government Investment Trust (PLGIT) as depositories for township funds.
In addition, the supervisors approved the appointments of many volunteers to serve terms of various lengths on a series of boards, commissions, authorities and committees:
● Ted Kuckuck, to the planning commission.
● Ken Brown, to the municipal authority.
● Gene Gemmell to the fire services committee.
● Richard Manslow and David K Smith to the construction code appeals board.
● Gene Gemmell, Gail McCauley, Dennis Roumm, Bill Smith, Doug Lockard, Nancy Smith, John Somonick and Sandi Gillette to the comprehensive plan steering committee.
● Gene Gemmell, John Somonick and George Lenz to the joint sewer coordinating committee.
● Matt Henry and Ryan Stossel to the safety committee.
● Ted Kuckuck, Clyde Deabenderfer, John Somonick, George Lenz and Ken Deabenderfer to the agriculture security advisory committee.
● Gene Gemmell, Gail McCauley and Chris Anderson to the tax collection committee.
● Chris Anderson, Gail McCauley and Terry Lichtenfels as voting representatives to the international construction code board.
● Carole Bush as an Indiana Free Library trustee.
● Chris Anderson as emergency management coordinator.
● Chris Anderson as open records officer.
● Chris Anderson as voting delegate to the Pennsylvania Association of Township Supervisors state convention.
Also this week, the White Township board of auditors selected Kathy Honacki as chairman and Donna Cousins as secretary for the year. Sara Frank also serves on the board.
The Second-Class Township Code requires the auditors to meet annually for reorganization on the day following the supervisors’ organization session.