White Township crews will collect yard waste Monday, May 23, to Friday, May 27.
Workers will pick up branches, brush and garden waste from residences along township streets and roads. Homeowners and residents should place items for collection behind the curb or the ditch line along each street or road. Piles of waste should not block vehicular or pedestrian traffic or impede drainage. White Township workers will not enter private property to retrieve any materials.
Yard waste may be placed in corrugated cardboard boxes or biodegradable paper bags. Collection begins at 7 a.m. each day.
ACCEPTABLE FOR COLLECTION:
● Tree limbs, twigs and branches no more than 5 inches in diameter, 8 feet in length or 50 pounds in weight.
● Ordinary shrubbery trimmings.
NOT ACCEPTABLE (WILL BE LEFT IN PLACE):
● Thorny shrubs
● Grass clippings; recyclable items such as paper, glass, plastic and cans; or household garbage.
● Items that weigh more than 50 pounds.
● Anything packaged in plastic bags.
● Large amounts of vegetation cut in lot-clearing operations. Landowners should contact the township office to make special arrangements.
Yard waste also may be delivered to the Indiana County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center along Route 119 between Lucerne Road and the Wayne Avenue exit.
Phone the White Township office at 724.463.8686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.